Disclosure: We may earn a commission or fee from some of the links in our content. However, this does not affect our recommendations. Learn more.
Printify vs Printed Mint: which of these print providers is right for your growing POD store?
If you’re investing in the growing market of print on demand selling, then both Printify and Printed Mint are excellent print on demand solutions. Both offer access to a wide range of customizable products, integrations with leading sales platforms, and even handy design tools.
However, there are some major differences between the two solutions. To help you make the right choice, we experimented with the tools, platforms, and services of both Printify and Printed Mint, to understand their distinct benefits, and potential downsides.
Here’s everything you need to know to compare Printify and Printed Mint.
We think Printify is the best option overall, thanks to it’s excellent global fulfillment network, advanced design tools, and support for multiple sales strategies. It also offers a slightly wider collection of products to choose from, to help you diversify your catalog.
Printify vs Printed Mint: Key Takeaways
Here are some of the key takeaways you should consider when comparing Printify and Printed Mint:
- Printify works with manufacturers around the world to produce products, whereas Printed Mint handles production in-house.
- Both companies offer express shipping options, and access to products created in the USA.
- Printed Mint offers more advanced customer support with access to phone-based assistance.
- Printify gives companies more ways to sell, with integrations for a variety of platforms, and it’s own pop-up store builder.
- Printify has more advanced design tools, AI solutions, and a wider range of product options to choose from than Printed Mint.
- Both companies commit to excellent product quality, but there can be some variation in the results you get from different Printify vendors.
Printify vs Printed Mint: Pros and Cons
Printify and Printed Mint are both excellent solutions for ecommerce vendors looking for reputable print providers to help them sell unique, custom products online.
Both print providers can handle fulfillment on behalf of companies, and product high-quality items. However, there are some distinct pros and cons for both platforms.
- Fantastic range of unique products, including eco-friendly items.
- Exceptional quality control measures for all printing partners.
- Wide range of fulfillment centers and partners located around the world.
- Useful design and mockup tools to help you create your custom items.
- Extra services like bulk order options and express delivery.
- User-friendly integrations with a variety of sales channels.
- Product pricing and quality can vary depending on your chosen manufacturer.
- Some limitations on customer support.
Printed Mint Pros
- Wide range of branding options such as custom packaging and packing slips.
- Automatic shipping selection and rapid order fulfillment in the USA.
- Express production services for companies looking for fast shipping times.
- User-friendly templates and design tools.
- Integrations with Amazon, Etsy, and various ecommerce platforms.
Printed Mint Cons
- Limited customization options for certain items.
- Fewer integrations
Printify vs Printed Mint: The Core Features
Quick Verdict: Printify offers a wider range of services and features, including integrations with more sales channels, a pop-up store solution, and an Experts program.
Since both Printed Mint and Printify are print-on-demand services providers, they offer companies a lot of overlapping features and services. Both handle fulfillment on behalf of companies, using the dropshipping model, and neither platform has any minimum order requirements.
Additionally, both platforms can integrate with various ecommerce platforms and sales channels, such as Shopify, Amazon, and Etsy.
Printify Key Features
Printify is one of the best print on demand platforms available, and a solution we recommend highly to beginners in the ecommerce market.
The company doesn’t produce products itself, but connects businesses with a huge range of global manufacturers, so they can choose which partner to work with based on their product needs, shipping requirements, and budget.
Key features of Printify include:
- Huge product catalog: The Printify print-on-demand platform gives companies a variety of products to choose from, ranging from home décor and apparel, to eco-friendly items, USA-assembled items, and premium products.
- Design tools: Printify offers access to unique design tools, including an impressive AI image generator, which uses text prompts to create patterns based on your inputs. The solution also has a fantastic mockup generator, for creating product images.
- Fulfillment: Printify works with partners around the globe to ensure you can ship products to customers anywhere in the world quickly. You can work with partners in Europe, Australia, the USA, Canada, and beyond.
- Sales channels: Printify has its own dedicated API for business process automation, and integrates with a variety of platforms, including Etsy, Ebay, Shopify, and Wix. You can even create your own Printify pop-up store if you don’t have an existing storefront.
- Branding: Printify gives you the option to brand your packaging and products in a variety of ways. You can access a host of customization options, including all-over-print, add custom invoices to packages, and even create unique labels for garments.
Printed Mint Key Features
Printed Mint is similar to Printify in a lot of ways, offering access to more than 300 high-quality customizable products.
However, unlike Printify, Printed Mint handles the production process itself, rather than working with partners. This means you can expect more consistency in your products, but it also gives you fewer options when choosing who to work with.
Key features of Printed Mint include:
- Huge product catalog: Similar to Printify, Printed Mint offers a wide selection of products, ranging from candles and home goods, to items made in the USA, tech products, and even poster prints and stationery.
- Branding options: Printed Mint also gives businesses various ways to customize and brand their products and parcels. While there are fewer printing services available, you can access custom packing slips, pack-ins, and decorations for your deliveries.
- Fulfillment: As a leading print-on-demand company, Printed Mint handles all of the fulfillment process for you, offering access to no minimum order requirements. You can choose to purchase products in bulk, and even leverage express shipping.
- Integrations: Printed Mint integrates directly with platforms like Etsy, Amazon, and Shopify, so you can sell products on a variety of channels. The integrations are easy to use, and make it simple to automate processes within your online store.
- Design tools: Printed Mint offers some straightforward and convenient design tools, as well as templates to help you improve the quality of your products. There are also some excellent resources to guide you through the process of getting started.
Ease of Use: Which Platform is Simpler?
Quick Verdict: Both platforms are very easy to use, however Printify might be better for beginners, as it offers the option to create your own digital pop-up store.
We found both Printed Mint and Printify to be extremely straightforward and user-friendly tools. The functionality on both platforms is excellent for beginners, and you can start designing products immediately, with virtually no learning curve.
However, Printify does have an edge in this area for a few reasons. First, the company’s design tools are more advanced, with AI solutions to help you create unique patterns with minimal effort. Plus, the platform makes it easy to predict shipping costs and calculate profit margins while you’re searching for the ideal partner to produce your items.
Printify also has its own pop-up store generator, which allows retailers to showcase their product catalog online without having to create an ecommerce store.
Though the storefronts you can create a relatively basic compared to those you’ll find designed with Wix or WooCommerce, they’re excellent for beginners with a small budget.
While Printed Mint is definitely a user-friendly platform, it lacks some of the advanced functionality you’ll get from Printify.
You’ll need to use separate design tools if you want help creating patterns, then upload your designs to the mockup generator. On the plus side, there are helpful templates and excellent guides for beginners on the platform.
Printify vs Printed Mint Product Variety and Quality
Quick Verdict: Printify offers a wider selection of products (more than 800 compared to Printed Mint’s 300+), however, there may be more variety in product quality.
Both Printify and Printed Mint give vendors a wide selection of products to choose from, in a host of different categories. You can create everything from custom pet products and apparel, to toe bags, stickers, home décor, and more with both print providers.
However, Printify does have a wider product catalog, consisting of more than 800 unique products, compared to only 300+ for Printed Mint. Additionally, because Printify works with a wide range of partners, you can access a variety of different customization options, such as all-over print.
The only downside with Printify is that because production isn’t handled in-house, there may be some variation in print quality. Although the company holds its partners to strict quality assurance partners, you may find that some vendors are more reliable than others.
The good news is that both companies offer a selection of products specifically tailored to US vendors, so if you want fast shipping in the USA, you can easily find a solution that suits you.
Additionally, both companies offer a range of ways to customize your product packaging, although Printed Mint has a slightly wider selection of branding options.
For instance, you can add unique ribbons, tags, twine, and even shredded paper to your packages to enhance the unboxing experience.
Printed Mint vs Printify: Customer Support
Quick Verdict: Printed Mint might be a slightly better option for customer support, thanks to its phone-based service options, and rapid response times.
Both Printed Mint and Printify take customer support seriously. Each platform provides business owners with access to a wide range of self-help resources, that can help you build the best print-on-demand business.
There are FAQs, guides, and tutorials on both platforms.
However, the Printify print-on-demand platform only offers support via chat and email, while Printed Mint offers phone service to customers in the USA. Additionally, reviews of Printify indicate that the company can be a little slow at responding to queries at times.
Printed Mint vs Printify: Pricing and Plans
Verdict: Printify offers slightly better value for money than Printed Mint, with premium plans which can save volume sellers significant cash.
Like most Print on Demand providers, both Printful and Printed Mint make it easy to start your business with minimal upfront costs. You can create an account for free with both platforms, and start designing quality products instantly.
All you need to pay is the base cost of your item, and the shipping fees for sending those products to customers.
However, there can be additional fees for both solutions. Printify allows companies to pay extra for things like product transfers, or express delivery, while Printed Mint charges extra for advanced branding options and faster shipping times.
Additionally, Printify does offer companies the option to pay for a premium subscription package, which comes with access to extra bonuses.
For $24.99 per month, the “Premium” package gives you support for up to 10 stores, and 20% discounts on all products. There’s also an Enterprise plan with custom pricing for high-volume sellers.
Notably, Printify could still be a little cheaper than Printed Mint, as it allows you to create pop-up shops for free, whereas with Printed Mint, you’ll need an existing storefront.
Alternatives to Printed Mint and Printify
We think both Printify and Printed Mint are excellent print on demand solutions. However, there are some great alternatives out there still worth considering, such as:
- Printful: Printful is one of our favorite print on demand service providers, with access to a huge range of products, excellent design tools, and support for a range of sales channels. However, the products can be a little more expensive.
- Gelato: Ideal for companies searching for rapid delivery times, and eco-friendly production processes, Gelato is a reliable print on demand provider. It works with partners around the world to ensure quick, and efficient production times.
- Teespring: If you want to start selling print on demand products without creating an ecommerce store or marketplace storefront, Teespring makes it easy to list your items on an existing marketplace, with minimal upfront costs.
Which is Best? Printify or Printed Mint?
Overall, we think Printify is the better print on demand provider here.
Printed Mint has some excellent high-quality products to offer, and benefits from quick delivery times.
Printify has a wider product catalog, and more integrations with leading ecommerce platforms. It also features access to advanced tools, like AI design solutions, and a pop-up store generator.
When to Use Printify:
We recommend using Printify if you:
- Want to work with a wide range of global manufacturers
- Need access to advanced AI-powered design tools
- Want to sell products through a range of channels and platforms
- Need to expand your product catalog with a range of items
- Are scaling your business and want to save money with a premium plan
When to Use Printed Mint
We’d recommend using Printed Mint if you:
- Want a single manufacturer for all of your products
- Prioritize rapid shipping times in the USA
- Already have your own design tools, like Canva
- Want excellent customer support
- Value excellent branding opportunities for your packaging
Is there a better alternative to Printify?
We think Printify is an excellent print on demand provider, but we often choose Printful as our top alternative. It’s similar to Printify in a lot of ways, but doesn’t suffer from the same variability that comes with working with multiple manufacturers.
Can you link printed mint to Etsy?
Yes, Printed Mint integrates with a variety of sales platforms, including Amazon, Shopify, and Etsy. You can set up an integration in a couple of clicks, and automate most of your order fulfillment and management processes in a single backend.
Is print on demand still worth it in 2024?
Yes, Print on demand is definitely worthwhile in 2024. Although there’s more competition in the market today, POD still gives companies a low-risk, and low-cost way to start creating and selling custom products with minimal effort.