Disclosure: We may earn a commission or fee from some of the links in our content. However, this does not affect our recommendations. Learn more.
Printful vs Printed Mint: Which option should you use for your print on demand business?
Both of these print on demand companies give entrepreneurs the tools they need to create and sell custom products, from unique t-shirts, to mugs and homeware. However, there are some major differences between them.
We’ve experimented with the platforms and services of both Printful and Printed Mint, for a behind-the-scenes look at their features, benefits, pricing structure and more.
Today, we’re going to share our insights to help you make the right choice for your growing company.
Here’s your complete guide to Printful vs Printed Mint.
Printful is our favorite print on demand platform, thanks to its fantastic range of products (from various categories), excellent design tools, and flexible integration options.
We also love the company’s commitment to delivering exceptional quality.
Printful vs Printed Mint: Key Takeaways
Here are some of the main points we noted during our comparison:
- Printful offers a wider range of products, as well as more options for item customization (such as embroidery and all-over print).
- Both companies offer fast shipping options, though there may be an extra fee.
- Printful integrates with more platforms and marketplaces, as well as social sales channels.
- Printful offers more unique services, such as warehousing and photography.
- Printed Mint is cheaper on the surface, thanks to more affordable products.
- Both companies offer excellent print quality, and commit to strict quality assurance strategies to protect your brand reputation.
- Printful offers live chat support and more advanced resources, however Printed Mint offers phone support to US companies.
Printful vs Printed Mint: Pros and Cons
Both Printful and Printed Mint are excellent tools for ecommerce vendors investing in the growing landscape of print on demand.
They’re both print on demand companies, which make it easy for beginners to create and sell custo products to consumers worldwide.
However, both platforms have pros and cons to consider:
- Huge selection of high-quality products, including premium options.
- Excellent global fulfillment services with fast delivery times.
- Integrations with a huge selection of platforms.
- Easy-to-use design tools and mockup generator.
- Access to valuable additional services (for an extra fee)
- Great range of customization options.
- Some products can be quite expensive.
- Shipping times can vary.
- Excellent branding options, such as custom packaging labels.
- Automatic shipping selection to save time on fulfillment.
- Express production options.
- User-friendly interface and design tools.
- Wide selection of unique product options.
- Excellent resources for beginners, and customer service solutions.
- Limited customization options for some items.
- No free shipping options.
- Occasional shipping delays
Printful vs Printed Mint: The Core Features
Quick verdict: Printful offers a wider selection of unique features, such as AI-powered design tools, and integrations with a broader range of sales channels.
As print on demand service providers, both Printful and Printed Mint have a lot of overlapping features.
They both use the print on demand dropshipping model, so you can outsource fulfillment to a third party, and neither option has any minimum order requirements.
However, there are some major differences between what you can do with both POD solutions.
Printful Key Features
Printful is a platform we frequently recommend to ecommerce companies, thanks to its wide range of print on demand products, and flexible functionality.
Not only are there dozens of different high-quality product options to choose from, but Printful makes it easy to grow your online business with integrations for a wide range of sales channels.
Key features include:
- Huge product selection: Printful offers a massive selection of customizable products, including eco-friendly and premium products, home décor, clothing, sticker, and stationery options and more. Plus, the product catalog is constantly expanding.
- Sales channels: With Printful, you can sell your custom products on various channels, from WooCommerce, Squarespace, and Shopify, to Ebay, and even your Etsy shop. Plus, there are integrations available for Amazon and social media too.
- Design tools: Printful has some of the best design tools available, to help you make the most of your custom products. There are even AI-powered tools to help ensure you get a high-quality print on every item.
- Customization options: With Printful, you can customize your products with all-over printing, embroidery, DSG, and DTF. Plus, you can add branding to both your products and your packaging options, to make your online store stand out.
- Resources: Ideal for beginners, Printful offers access to a huge selection of useful resources, including an “academy” for training, a range of guides, a news room, FAQ section, and a community environment on social media.
- Fulfillment and Support: Printful ships products around the globe, with a network of fulfillment centers located in Canada, Australia, the UK, and US. They can also offer access to additional services, such as product photography and videos.
Printed Mint Key Features
Similar to Printful, Printed Mint is a highly reputable print on demand provider, capable of shipping products all around the globe.
There are more than 300 different product options to choose from, as well as a range of customization and branding options for each item you produce.
Key features of Printed Mint include:
- Unique product options: While Printed Mint offers fewer products than Printful, it does have some unique options such as tech products, accessories, baby and kids clothes, holiday goods, and even items specifically made in the USA.
- Branding options: Printed Mint gives companies a range of ways to brand and customize their products and packaging. You can add paper, twine, ribbon, and custom packaging labels to every product. Plus, there are custom packing slips too.
- Fulfillment: Like Printful, Printed Mint handles all of the fulfillment process for you. There are no minimum order requirements, and you can even choose to purchase products in bulk. Plus, the company offers excellent turnaround times, particularly in the USA.
- Design tools: With Printed Mint, entrepreneurs can quickly and easily add designs to a range of products, using built-in design tools. We found the mockup generator extremely easy to use, with a sleek interface for beginners.
- Resources: Similar to Printful, Printed Mint gives business leaders various resources, such as guides, fabric printing guides, integration tips, and more. Plus, you can even get involved with the company’s affiliate program to increase your income.
- Integrations: Printed Mint integrates seamlessly with Shopify, WooCommerce, and Squarespace. Etsy sellers can also use the platform to sell custom products through their Etsy storefront.
Ease of Use: Which Platform is Simpler?
Quick Verdict: Both platforms are extremely user friendly. However, Printful does offer slightly more advanced design tools, and a wider range of integrations. ]
If you’re just getting started with print on demand, both Printful and Printed Mint are extremely simple solutions. We had no problem signing up for an account with either platform, and found it easy to use the design tools on both platforms.
Printful does have a slight edge, however. Integrated AI design tools do make it easier to ensure your design will fit perfectly on your chosen product.
Additionally, the design tools come with solutions for creating all-over print patterns, as well as unique fonts and free clipart options. Plus, there are tons of pre-existing graphics, colors, and patterns to get you started.
As an added bonus, Printful makes it easy to add your designs to a range of marketplaces and ecommerce platforms, thanks to plenty of integrations, and a dedicated API.
Alternatively, Printed Mint only integrates with a handful of platforms.
Printed Mint’s design tools are also extremely straightforward, but they lack some of the advanced “extras” you get from Printful.
Mostly, you can simply upload the designs you want to add to your products onto the platform, and tweak certain elements for your mockup.
On the plus side, there are some helpful templates to help improve your chances of excellent print quality, as well as some design guides and resources for beginners.
Printful vs Printed Mint Product Variety and Quality
Quick Verdict: Printful offers a wider selection of product options, as well as more customization opportunities, with all-over print, DTF, DTG, and embroidery.
One thing that impressed us about both Printful and Printed Mint was their wide selection of product options.
Both print providers offer hundreds of white-label products to choose from, in categories ranging from apparel to home décor.
Printful does offer a few more unique product choices, however, such as accessories, premium products, and items intended for rapid shipping.
They also have an edge over Printed Mint because they give companies a wider selection of customization options to choose from, including embroidery and all-over print. Additionally, Printful is excellent at delivering high-quality items.
The company commits to strict quality assurance strategies to ensure your products always meet customer expectations. In fact, only a tiny fraction of Printful’s products are ever returned.
Printed Mint also has plenty of product options to choose from, including a range of eco-friendly options, “made in the USA” items, and even pet products. It’s also constantly introducing new products to its portfolio, based on consumer trends.
The company doesn’t offer as many printing options, but it does provide a wider range of customizations for your product packaging.
This could make it an ideal choice for companies that want to make their branding stand out. Plus, the company is well known for delivering exceptional product quality, and commits to carefully evaluating every product before it’s shipped.
Printed Mint vs Printful: Customer Support
Quick Verdict: Printful provides a wider range of customer service options, and more advanced resources for beginners in the POD landscape.
When it comes to customer support, Printful definitely stood out for us. The company offers access to live chat and email, as well as providing beginners with a huge selection of useful resources.
The company’s help center, academy, and blog are brimming with helpful information.
Printed Mint has a great help center too, though the resources are a little more basic.
Additionally, the company does offer phone support to US customers, as well as email support. However, there’s no live chat option available yet.
Printed Mint vs Printful: Pricing and Plans
Quick Verdict: Printed Mint is a little more affordable for beginners, with a wider range of low-cost products to choose from.
One area where Printed Mint does have an edge over Printful, is pricing. Both companies allow beginners to sign up and start using their services for free.
You don’t need to pay a monthly fee to access the design tools and integrations. Instead, you simply pay for the base cost of your products, and the shipping costs for fulfillment.
However, Printful’s products can be a little more expensive than Printed Mint’s. This could mean you have a harder time maintaining high profit margins.
Notably, both companies offer extra services for additional fees. For instance, with Printed Mint, you can pay extra for more branded packaging options and express shipping.
With Printful, you can pay extra for help with warehousing, design, branding, and even product photography. Printful also has some “membership” options available, which offer extra discounts to companies who either pay a fee, or earn a certain amount of profit each year. These include:
- Printful Growth: $24.99 per month or free for companies with $12k in sales in 12 months: Up to 30% off most products, 20% off DTG products, 7% off branding, and product transfer assistance services.
- Printful Business: Only for companies who achieve more than $60k in sales in 12 months: Up to 33% off most products, 22% off DTG products, 25% off sample orders, priority support, free embroidery digitization, and 9% off branding.
Alternatives to Printed Mint and Printful
If you don’t think Printed Mint or Printful are right for you, there are plenty of other alternatives out there, ranging from Print Aura, to Gooten, and even Redbubble. Some of our favorites include:
Alongside Printful, Printify is our go-to recommendation for print on demand vendors. It offers a huge range of products, and makes it easy to automate business processes in real-time with a selection of integrations.
Gelato is excellent for companies who want to deliver products to customers as quickly as possible, with its huge global fulfillment network. It also promises eco-friendly production strategies, to reduce your carbon footprint.
Ideal for companies who want to start selling print on demand products without creating an ecommerce store, Teespring allows you to list custom products on an existing marketplace, for rapid access to a huge audience.
When to Use Printful
We recommend using Printful if you:
- Want access to a huge selection of product options
- Value exceptional print quality and intuitive design tools
- Want to sell products through a range of sales channels
- Need access to valuable services and support
- Appreciate excellent self-help resources and live chat service
When to Use Printed Mint
We’d suggest considering Printed Mint if you:
- Want to save money with lower-cost products
- Need access to fast shipping in the USA
- Appreciate phone support options (in the USA)
- Have a Squarespace or Etsy store
- Already use design tools like Canva
Which is the Best Print on Demand Platform?
Ultimately, we recommend Printful as the go-to print on demand solution for vendors in search of excellent product quality, and fantastic design tools.
It’s an easy-to-use platform that integrates with a huge variety of sales channels to help boost your profit margins.
While Printed Mint has a lot of great features to offer, it falls behind Printful in terms of product options, customizations, and integrations.
Is printed mint a print-on-demand company?
Yes, Printed Mint is a print-on-demand and dropshipping company, with fulfillment centers located around the world. It offers access to a huge range of customizable products, and integrates with platforms like Etsy, Shopify, and Amazon.
Can you link printed mint to Etsy?
Yes, Printed Mint makes it easy to connect your Etsy store to your Printed Mint account. You can set up an integration with a couple of clicks, and even integrate with other platforms like Shopify and Amazon without any additional costs.
Is print on demand still worth it in 2024?
Print on Demand is definitely still worth it in 2024. It’s one of the simplest business models for beginners, with minimal upfront costs and risks. Plus, it’s an excellent way to tap into the growing market for customized and unique products.