11 Best Online Wholesale Directories in 2023 (Free & Paid)
From using search engines to attending trade shows, and contacting manufacturers, there are many ways to find wholesalers for your retail store or ecommerce business.
However, using a wholesale directory is the quickest way to locate trusted suppliers, without having to jump from website to website or search endlessly on Google.
Here you will find a list of the 11 best wholesale directories for finding suppliers. The following companies are a mixture of both free and paid directories that are the most popular and trusted on the internet.
After researching dozens of websites, we have concluded that SaleHoo is the best wholesale directory as it features thousands of companies and has excellent reviews on Trustpilot. Worldwide Brands is our second recommendation to consider.
Our top picks for the best wholesale directories:
- SaleHoo – Best premium online wholesale directory
- Worldwide Brands – Best directory of global wholesalers
- Alibaba – Best directory of wholesale suppliers in China
- Wholesale Central – Best free directory of US wholesalers
- The Wholesaler – Best free directory of UK wholesalers
1. SaleHoo (Global)
Featuring more than 2.5 million products from over 8000 vetted suppliers across the globe, SaleHoo is the largest and most popular wholesale directory on the market.
Furthermore, with hundreds of positive reviews on Trustpilot and countless testimonials from real B2B buyers, SaleHoo is a highly regarded and reputable company. In fact, SaleHoo has been featured on many industry-leading websites including Entrepreneur Magazine and Forbes.
Whether you’re looking for wholesale suppliers of clothing, electronics, toys, or pet supplies, you are virtually guaranteed to find leading companies using SaleHoo. Once you find a suitable supplier, you can start sourcing from them directly for the lowest trade prices. The directory contains thousands of suppliers from the US, UK, Europe, and China.
SaleHoo is also a very budget-friendly solution with full access to the directory costing only $67/year. Membership further includes access to a powerful market research lab for finding hot-selling products and profitable niches, as well as a fast-growing library of guides and tutorials.
- Largest online wholesale directory and B2B sourcing platform
- More than 2.5 million products from 8000 vetted wholesalers
- Hundreds of positive reviews on websites such as Trustpilot
- Featured on industry-leading sites including Forbes Magazine
- Direct trading with the lowest wholesale prices guaranteed
2. Worldwide Brands (Global)
Established more than 20 years ago, Worldwide Brands is the gold standard of wholesale directories. In fact, the company is a BBB-accredited business with thousands of global users and hundreds of positive reviews on Trustpilot.
From clothing and fashion accessories to toys, electronics, tools, pet supplies, and homeware, Worldwide Brands features more than 16 million products from thousands of certified wholesale suppliers in the US, UK, Europe, China, and more.
Simply search for a product and use the filters to quickly sort through the massive database of suppliers and find suitable wholesale partners for your business. You can refine the results by shipping location, supplier type, category, and more.
- Industry-leading global wholesale directory since 1999
- 16 million products from thousands of certified suppliers
- BBB accredited company with top ratings on Trustpilot
- Quickly find wholesale suppliers in every major category
- Low-cost with a one-time joining fee and lifetime access
3. Alibaba (China)
Alibaba is one of the world’s largest wholesale directories. In fact, Alibaba has millions of products from thousands of leading wholesalers and manufacturers in China. You can source products for your online store or retail business in just a few clicks.
Alibaba is also free to use. There are no membership fees or hidden costs. Simply browse the massive network of categories or search for a specific product to find trusted China-based suppliers with the lowest factory direct prices.
Alibaba also features millions of wholesale products that you can private label. That’s why it’s the first choice for creating your own unique brand.
- One of the largest online wholesale directories in China
- Millions of products from thousands of top wholesalers
- Fast and easy-to-use website with buyer protection policy
- No membership fees and thousands of TrustPilot reviews
- Factory direct prices with the highest resale profit margins
4. Wholesale Central (US)
With more than 350,000 products from over 1000 trusted suppliers, Wholesale Central is the best free-to-use directory for US-based retailers and resellers.
The website is very easy to use with everything you need to quickly locate wholesale sources. You can browse the various categories or search for a specific product to instantly return hundreds of results. In fact, you don’t even need to sign up or create an account.
Once you find a suitable supplier, you can send them a message through the Wholesale Central platform. If the supplier has a website, you will also be provided with a link.
- Most established free wholesale directory in the USA
- 350,000 products from more than 100 top suppliers
- Easy to use site with no signup or account needed
- Post buying requests to receive fast product quotes
- Includes list of exclusive closeout deals and offers
5. The Wholesaler (UK)
When it comes to finding reputable UK-based wholesale suppliers, The Wholesaler is the most popular and experienced wholesale directory on the market.
In fact, The Wholesale was one of the first web-based wholesale directories in the UK. When it launched in 1999, hard copy was still the primary advertising medium for most wholesale companies. Today, The Wholesaler is still the go-to platform for finding products to resell.
The Wholesale has hundreds of genuine wholesale suppliers who hold stock in the UK. It’s as easy as clicking on a category to reveal a comprehensive list of suitable B2B partners.
- The first web-based wholesale directory based in the UK
- Founded in 1999 with more than 20 years of experience
- Free to use with no need to sign up or open an account
- Hundreds of genuine wholesale suppliers and companies
- Most popular choice for ecommerce and marketplace sellers
6. Global Sources (China)
If you’re looking for Chinese wholesalers and manufacturers, Global Sources is the first choice for millions of business-to-business buyers worldwide.
Global Sources has decades of experience as a trusted online wholesale directory and product-sourcing marketplace. It receives more than 10 million monthly visitors and generates in excess of $500 million in sales annually.
The website is modern and well-maintained. It’s also simple to use. You can search for products or suppliers in virtually any category. You can also communicate with any of the suppliers directly to get the best possible quotes based on your order quantity and shipping location.
- Free online directory and marketplace for finding suppliers
- 10 million monthly visitors and $500 million in sales yearly
- Thousands of certified Chinese wholesalers and products
- Factory direct prices with fast quotes from the suppliers
- Hosts multiple popular trade shows in China every year
7. TopTenWholesale (US)
Founded in 2011, TopTenWholesale is a free online trade directory for finding US-based wholesale suppliers and a great alternative to Wholesale Clearance.
Using the platform, you can instantly connect with thousands of wholesale suppliers and millions of factory direct products. From large chain stores to small eBay sellers or flea marketers, TopTenWholesale caters to a wide range of businesses.
TopTenWholesale also has a number of unique features such as the ability to post buying requests, as well as access to a list of exclusive wholesale offers and deals.
- US-based online wholesale directory and sourcing tool
- No membership fees with free access to the directory
- Instantly connect with thousands of verified suppliers
- Suitable for large retailers, as well as small online sellers
- Frequently updated list of exclusive wholesale deals
8. eSources (UK)
Headquartered in London, eSources is the UK’s fastest-growing online wholesale directory with more than 300,000 suppliers and 1.5 million total active listings.
eSources also has a large network of international suppliers to choose from. This includes thousands of wholesalers in the US, China, and Europe. You can directly contact the suppliers or search for specific products and request quotes.
It’s free to browse the directory and access a limited number of suppliers. However, a premium membership is required for full access. eSources provides full data on each supplier including a list of main products, distributed brands, and target markets, as well as contact information.
- The UK’s fastest-growing directory of leading wholesalers
- More than 1 million listings including 300,000 UK suppliers
- Includes contact information and details of business policies
- Free to access a limited number of suppliers and products
- Low-cost premium buyer membership with complete access
9. 4WholesaleUSA (US)
4WholesaleUSA is another completely free business-to-business directory of top US-based wholesalers, importers, exporters, and manufacturers.
The company has been online since 2002 and offers direct access to hundreds of suppliers in more than 50 categories including clothing, electronics, beauty supplies, fragrances, pet supplies, toys, and gifts. It’s a very fast and easy-to-use website that is ideal for a variety of retailers such as ecommerce stores and eBay/Amazon sellers.
All of the listings include full contact information for each company so you can start purchasing stock from them directly, without paying any middlemen fees.
- Business-to-business directory of US-based wholesalers
- Hundreds of listings in a wide variety of main categories
- Free to use with no need to sign up or open an account
- Start purchasing stock from any of the suppliers directly
- Simple platform that is very fast and easy to navigate
10. Made-in-China (China)
Established in 1996, Made-in-China has become one of the internet’s most extensive and reliable platforms for finding Chinese wholesalers and manufacturers.
In fact, Made-in-China is trusted by more than 14 million registered buyers and a massive 6 million suppliers. It has millions of products in over 6000 categories from clothing and jewelry to electronics, tech gadgets, pet supplies, and toys.
You can easily search for products or suppliers, as well as post buying requests to get accurate quotes for any product with shipping to virtually anywhere in the world.
- Most extensive directory of Chinese wholesale suppliers
- Trusted by more than 14 million registered buyers globally
- 6 million suppliers including wholesalers and exporters
- Includes clothing, pet supplies, gifts, tools, toys, and more
- Browse suppliers or products and post buying requests
11. Clever Wholesale (US)
Clever Wholesale is an easy-to-use wholesale directory that was specifically designed for US-based retailers and online ecommerce sellers.
The company has been actively indexing wholesalers since 1998 and currently has more than 1000 companies listed in over 30 categories. In addition, the website is constantly updated and well-maintained with new suppliers added weekly.
All of the listings include a comprehensive description of each supplier, as well as full contact information such as an address, email, and phone number.
- Well-maintained and free-to-use B2B wholesale directory
- More than 1000 suppliers in over 30 various categories
- Includes full contact information and direct website links
- Regularly updated with new suppliers added each week
- Modern website that is very simple and easy to browse
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is a wholesale supplier?
A wholesale supplier is a company that sells goods in large quantities at trade prices to other businesses such as retailers, ecommerce stores, and independent sellers, typically for the purpose of resale. However, many non-profits and government groups purchase goods from wholesale companies including schools, hospitals, charities, and universities, as well as traditional businesses such as restaurants, salons, bars, and offices.
Essentially, wholesale companies sell goods to any business that wants to buy in bulk for lower trade prices. Most wholesale companies source their products directly from manufacturers in massive quantities and resell them in smaller quantities, thus making the goods more affordable and accessible to start-ups or small businesses.
For example, a wholesale company may purchase and import 10,000 wireless speakers from a China-based manufacturer and resell them in smaller case packs of 100 pieces to local businesses. This is because wholesale suppliers have massive buying power, enabling them to source the goods directly from the manufacturer for extremely low prices.
What is a wholesale directory?
A wholesale directory is a website or online platform that connects business-to-business buyers with wholesalers and manufacturers. In most cases, the wholesale directory will allow users to search for a product or browse various categories to find suitable wholesalers.
In addition, the wholesale directory will usually provide contact information for each company, allowing buyers to quickly start trading with them directly. In some cases, you will be able to contact the wholesale companies through the directory or request quotes for specific products.
Why use a wholesale directory?
Using a wholesale directory to find suppliers for your business has a number of exclusive benefits. You will be able to quickly locate trusted wholesalers without having to spend hours on end searching multiple websites such as Google and Bing.
The wholesale directory will compile a list of hundreds or even thousands of top companies in one easy-to-search database. Typically, you will be able to easily search the directory or browse various categories to locate suitable options.
Keep in mind, most wholesale directories manually research and approve their suppliers. Therefore, you can be sure the companies are genuine wholesalers. You also won’t need to worry about being left out of pocket or falling victim to poor customer service or products.
Another benefit to using a wholesale directory is gaining access to suppliers that would otherwise be impossible to find. Most trade companies rely on websites like B2B marketplaces and directories to advertise and attract new buyers. These companies are virtually impossible to find without the help of a wholesale directory.
Why use a paid wholesale directory?
Paid or premium wholesale directories have a number of advantages over using a free wholesale directory. The biggest benefit is being able to access a larger database of suppliers, as well as more comprehensive business information and advanced sourcing tools.
This is mainly because paid directories have more responsibility to ensure their members find suitable suppliers for any product or niche. In addition, paid directories don’t usually charge listing fees for suppliers, whereas free directories do. This limits free directories to only including suppliers that are willing or able to pay ongoing monthly or yearly fees.
Paid directories also typically have more features and tools for sellers. For example, SaleHoo provides access to a powerful market research software that allows you to easily locate tending and fast-moving products with the largest profit margins. SaleHoo also has a massive range of free guides and dedicated customer support, as well as a popular community forum.
What is the best free wholesale directory?
Wholesale Central is the best free wholesale directory if you’re looking for suppliers based in the USA, whereas The Wholesaler is the most popular free directory for finding UK-based wholesalers. Both of these websites have hundreds of top suppliers to browse and contact.
If you want to find suppliers in China, Alibaba, and Global Sources are the best free wholesale directories. These websites contain thousands of Chinese wholesalers and manufacturers with factory direct prices. They are also very easy to use with great reviews from existing members.
However, you have many additional options when it comes to free wholesale directories. TopTenWholesale is another great free wholesale directory in the USA, whereas eSources is one of the fastest-growing wholesale directories in the UK which provides users with free access to a limited number of suppliers and products.
What is the best paid wholesale directory?
SaleHoo is the best paid wholesale directory as it has more than 8000 vetted suppliers and millions of products in hundreds of categories. SaleHoo is also a top-rated company with countless positive ratings on review websites such as Trustpilot. It has suppliers in every top-tier country including the US, UK, EU, and China.
WorldwideBrands is another leading paid wholesale directory with more than 20 years of experience and thousands of global members. Furthermore, it’s a BBB-accredited business with an A+ rating and hundreds of excellent TrustPilot reviews.
Whether you want to find wholesalers of clothing, toys, electronics, or car accessories, WorldwideBrands has more than 16 million products from thousands of certified wholesalers in the US, UK, Europe, and China.
What should I look for in a wholesale supplier?
When searching for a wholesale supplier to partner with, there are a number of key essentials to look for. It’s particularly important to find a trusted supplier when buying in bulk as you need to be sure the products will be high quality and delivered in a timely fashion. Here’s a breakdown of some of the most important features to look for in a wholesale supplier:
- Industry experience. To avoid unnecessary issues, make sure your wholesale supplier is an established company with at least a few years of experience.
- Positive reviews. One of the most effective ways to research a wholesale supplier is by searching for reviews on third-party websites such as Trustpilot.
- High-quality products. Naturally, finding a wholesale supplier with high-quality products is essential. Therefore, you should ask for samples before buying in bulk.
- Reliable delivery. In order to restock your fast-moving items as quickly as possible, you need to partner with a wholesale supplier that provides fast and reliable delivery.
- Secure website. Your wholesale supplier should have a secure website that uses the ‘https’ domain name extension, especially on checkout pages.
- Professional service. If something goes wrong with your order, it’s important to have access to professional customer support via email, phone, or live chat.
How do I find more wholesale suppliers?
If you want to find more leading wholesale suppliers, make sure you browse our blog posts and articles. We have a huge number of guides on finding suppliers, as well as curated lists of the best suppliers of various products such as clothing, electronics, and pet supplies.
You may also want to subscribe to our mailing list or follow us on social media as we regularly publish new posts on the best suppliers. In fact, here are some of our most popular guides related to finding wholesale companies:
- 25+ Best Wholesale Suppliers in the UK
- 20+ Best Wholesale Suppliers in the USA
- 15+ Best eBay Wholesale Suppliers
- 18+ Best Amazon Wholesale Suppliers
If you own a retail store or online ecommerce business, finding reputable wholesale suppliers with the cheapest prices is essential to increase your resale profits.
The wholesale directories listed in this guide are the most popular and established solutions for quickly locating top companies to trade with.
We manually researched each of these directories and selected them as the best options based on their reviews and ratings, as well as popularity and experience. However, make sure you do your own research and due diligence before using a wholesale directory to ensure it will be the correct match for your business. Alternatively, you can stick with using the free solutions.