With millions of products and thousands of suppliers to choose from, finding profitable dropshipping items to sell online can be a challenge.
Thankfully, there is an easier way to quickly locate best-selling dropship products, without investing a huge amount of time and effort on manual research.
The solution is to use a dropshipping product research tool. Here you will find a list of the 18 best dropshipping research tools for finding winning dropshipping products.
- FindNiche – Powerful winning dropship products finder
- Ecomhunt – Handpicked database of winning products
- AliInsider – Advanced research tool for AliExpress
- Niche Scraper – Product finder and research tool
- Dropship Spy – Premium database of winning products
- Thieve – Free database of trending dropship products
- AliShark – Curated database of 2M+ products
- SaleSource – All-in-one dropship research software
- Dropshipping Center – Free AliExpress research tool
- Aliextractor – Chrome extension research solution
- DropshipMe – Powerful WordPress dropship database
- HotProducts – Curated database of hot products
- Pexda – Most popular dropship research tool
- ZIK Analytics – Professional eBay research software
- Intelligynce – Database of profitable Shopify products
- Sell The Trend – AI powered product research tool
- Peeksta – Suite of powerful dropshipping research tools
- Asify – Free Chrome extension for AliExpress research
1. FindNiche (Free Access)
With more than 150,000 members, FindNiche is one of the most popular and reliable dropshipping product research tools on the market.
Featuring a database of more than 20 million best-selling AliExpress dropshipping products and a curated list of 20 handpicked winning products, as well as a huge network of successful Shopify products, FindNiche is packed full of powerful features and benefits.
In fact, FindNiche has everything you need to quick locate and populate your store with highly profitable and in-demand dropshipping products. It’s much more than just a research tool, it’s a suite of multiple solutions for fast-tracking your way to success with dropshipping.
- Database of more than 20 million best-selling AliExpress products
- Daily curated list of 20 handpicked winning dropshipping products
- Network of more than 10 million highly profitable Shopify products
- Filter products by total sales, average rating and shipping location
- Full performance analytics including total sales, reviews and ratings
- Links to top AliExpress suppliers and successful social ad campaigns
- Free access with paid plans to unlock additional features and data
2. Ecomhunt (Free Version)
Ecomhunt is a powerful curated database of winning dropshipping products handpicked by ecommerce and market research experts.
The free version includes access to the curated list of best-selling products, as well as detailed performance analytics such as total sales, engagement scores, suggested selling prices and estimated profit margins.
However, it’s important to note that free members can only unlock a limited amount of data for up to 2 products each day. There is also a 3 day delay to view newly listed products.
The premium version provides unlimited access to all products and more advanced data including suggested ad copy, live Facebook ads and links to competitors. This allows you to quickly find profitable products in any niche and review competitors on multiple ecommerce channels.
One of the unique features with Ecomhunt is that it’s updated with new products on a daily basis, thus providing premium users with the opportunity to find hot-selling products before anyone else. It also has a number of additional features such as a Chrome browser extension.
- Handpicked database of winning dropshipping products updated daily
- Detailed performance statistics including total sales and reviews
- Recommended selling prices with estimated costs and profit margins
- Advanced social engagement analytics including likes and comments
- Links to suppliers and existing marketplace listings on eBay/Amazon
- Proven Facebook ad copy with targeting suggestions and ideas
- Free plan with (optional) premium upgrade for unrestricted access
3. AliInsider (Free Plan)
Founded in 2019, AliInsider is one of the original and most advanced product research tools for finding winning dropshipping products on AliExpress.
The free version includes full access to the innovative Chrome extension which provides instant performance data on any AliExpress product including sales volume, estimated revenue and selling price history, as well as a list of competitors and potential suppliers.
The paid version further includes access to more advanced features such as a curated database of more than 30,000 best-selling items, a niche analyser and upcoming trends spotter tool. You can quickly filter the database of winning items by sales, growth rate, top countries and more.
- Innovative and easy to use Chrome browser extension for AliExpress
- Detailed product analytics including average daily sales and revenue
- Powerful research assistant software to quickly find profitable items
- Reliable sales tracker to review sales history, price and growth rates
- Comprehensive database of over 30k best-selling AliExpress products
- List of trusted dropshipping suppliers with estimated shipping costs
- Free to use with optional premium version for more advanced features
4. Niche Scraper (Free Access)
Created by ex-Facebook and Instagram employees, Niche Scraper is an advanced dropshipping and AliExpress product research solution featuring a suite of cutting-edge tools.
From a powerful niche scraper to an innovative competition analyser and video ads generator, as well as a curated database of handpicked winning dropship products, Niche Scraper is one of the most unique AliExpress product research tools on the market.
Additional features include advanced product sales analytics, recommended selling prices and high-converting Facebook ad copy. The tool is perfect for finding products to sell on any platform including eBay, Amazon, Shopify and WooCommerce.
When it comes to pricing, you can sign up to Niche Scraper for free and access a limited number of tools and products. However, a professional membership is required to gain full access to all of the features, as well as the private data such as links to suppliers and competitors.
- Powerful AliExpress and Shopify product scraper tool created by experts
- Handpicked database of over 1.5 million winning dropshipping products
- Advanced performance statistics including total sales and profit margins
- Filter results by sales volume, shipping location and engagement score
- Includes suggested selling price, estimated profit margins and ad copy
- Push products including images and descriptions to Shopify in one-click
- Create high-converting Facebook video advertisements in seconds
5. Dropship Spy ($20/month)
Dropship Spy is a low-cost database of winning dropshipping products with an extensive range of cutting-edge features including professional product descriptions, links to leading suppliers, performance statistics and direct integration with Shopify.
The database includes more than 2500 social proof products from websites such as Facebook, Instagram and TikTok. These are dropshipping products that have high engagement scores on social media websites with thousands of likes, comments, shares and views.
More than just a database of winning products, Dropship Spy also includes a suite of additional business building tools including a revolutionary store spy software for scanning successful dropshipping stores and a database of social media influencers for marketing campaigns.
Dropship Spy is a premium dropshipping research tool. It costs $39/month for full access to all products and features. However, you can view a number of free example products and data on the Dropship Spy website, without having to create an account.
- Unique database of best-selling dropshipping products in every niche
- Direct integration with Shopify for one-click product importing
- Advanced product analytics including sales and estimated profits
- Innovative social media influencer database and store spy tool
- Links to reliable and trusted AliExpress dropshipping suppliers
- Ready-made product video ads with tested Facebook ad copy
- Instantly import existing AliExpress customer reviews and ratings
6. Thieve (Free Version)
Thieve is a free to use database of more than 1000 popular AliExpress products handpicked by a network of global creatives including influencers, bloggers and photographers.
From electronics and clothing to kids toys, stationery and pet supplies, Thieve allows you to quickly locate the most popular AliExpress products in every top category. The tool also provides you with direct links to the products on AliExpress so you can quickly start selling them.
As it’s free to access the list of tending products, Thieve is the perfect research tool for newbie dropshippers who are looking to find unique product ideas and niche opportunities. You also have the option to upgrade for access to more products and advanced data.
- Powerful and free to use platform with optional premium version
- Huge database of profitable products hand-selected by experts
- Filter products by trending, lowest price and fast US shipping
- Quickly find the best products in any major category or niche
- Great free tool for sparking unique and original product ideas
- Interactive ‘tinder style’ swipe tool to find fresh new products
- Simple and professional website with easy to use interface
7. AliShark ($20/month)
AliShark is a powerful dropshipping product research tool designed specifically for finding winning AliExpress products and profitable dropshipping niche ideas.
Featuring a curated database of more than 2 million handpicked dropshipping products with almost real-time analytics including total daily sales, overall sales and wishlist activity, AliShark is a true all-in-one research solution.
The tool also provides direct links to the products on AliExpress, as well as a list of competitors on popular ecommerce sites such as Shopify and Amazon.
One of the biggest benefits to using AliShark is the modern user interface and unique browsing experience which allows you to quickly find winning dropshipping products. In fact, you can filter the database of products by category, sales, top countries, price, date and more.
- Over 2 million reviewed and handpicked AliExpress dropshipping products
- Detailed performance statistics including total daily sales and orders
- Updated every hour for reliable and almost real-time product data
- Handy filters to narrow down the results by orders, price and votes
- Search the database by keywords or browse through top categories
- Integrate with Shopify and push products to your store in one-click
- Low-cost membership with 2-day (full access) trial for only $1
8. SaleSource ($49/month)
Powered by advanced machine learning technology and AI algorithms, SaleSource is an all-in-one dropshipping research software and winning products finder tool with an extensive range of powerful features, many of which are entirely unique to the platform.
From a curated database of more than 150,000 best-selling dropshipping products to an innovative Shopify store analyser, SaleSource has everything you need to quickly find profitable dropshipping products in any niche or category.
Additional features of SaleSource include a modern and lightweight Chrome extension which allows you to instantly analyse AliExpress products in seconds.
- All-in-one dropshipping research tool and winning products finder software
- Powered by machine learning technology for reliable data and results
- Huge database of more than 150,000 best-selling dropshipping items
- List of the most reliable AliExpress suppliers with lowest cost prices
- Powerful Chrome extension for instant analysis of AliExpress products
- Full data insights including total sales, revenue and estimated profits
- 7-day free trial with unlimited access to all features and tools
9. Dropshipping Center (Free)
The Dropshipping Center is a free research tool created by AliExpress to help dropshippers find popular and trending products on the AliExpress marketplace.
It’s free to use and features a comprehensive database of best-selling AliExpress items, as well as detailed product analytics including daily sales and order history over the last 14 days.
One of the biggest advantages to using the AliExpress Dropshipping Center is knowing that the product data is accurate and reliable as it’s based on real sales and buyer activity generated on the AliExpress platform. The data is coming direct from the source.
- Free to use with no premium upgrades, restrictions or limitations
- Quickly find the most popular AliExpress dropshipping products
- Real-time product analytics including total orders and daily sales
- Advanced sales history and analytics for the previous 14-days
- Database of the most trusted AliExpress dropshipping suppliers
- Trusted and reliable data generated from real AliExpress sales
10. Aliextractor ($29/month)
Aliextractor is another reliable and highly popular AliExpress dropshipping research solution that features an innovative Chrome browser extension for instantly analysing sales, profits and performance data for any AliExpress product.
From cost price, selling price and estimated profit margins to monthly sales and revenue, as well as total reviews, average ratings and shipping costs, Aliextractor allows you to quickly review the essential data from dozens of items in one-click.
Everything you need to find your next best-seller is right at your fingertips. Simply search for any product on AliExpress and click the Aliextractor extension icon. It’s that simple.
One of the most unique features with Aliextractor is the ability to increase your profit margins by earning cashback on almost every AliExpress purchase, thanks to an exclusive partnership between Aliextractor and AliExpress.
- Powerful and fast Chrome extension tool for analysing AliExpress products
- Includes total sales volume, estimated monthly orders and total revenue
- Filter results by product ratings, positive reviews and ePacket availability
- Includes automatic hot products finder tool and niche idea suggestions
- Download and import existing AliExpress product reviews and feedback
- Quickly export full product data and search results into CSV or XLS files
- Earn exclusive cashback on almost every AliExpress purchase
11. DropshipMe (Free Imports)
DropshipMe is an innovative WordPress plugin that features a curated database of more than 50,000 best-selling AliExpress products that were handpicked by leading ecommerce experts and dropshipping professionals.
Simply install the plugin, choose from the massive selection of winning products and import them directly to your WooCommerce store in one-click. Additional features of DropshipMe include professional product titles and optimised descriptions, as well as high-quality images.
By using DropshipMe, you will save a huge amount of time and effort. You won’t need to edit titles or descriptions and you can also import existing reviews from AliExpress.
The free version provides full access to the database of products and allows you to import up to 50 items, whereas premium membership starts at just $29 one-time. Higher plans are available if you want to import more products to your WordPress or WooCommerce store.
- Database of more than 50k winning AliExpress dropshipping products
- Professionally edited product titles and descriptions with clear images
- Import or push products to your WooCommerce in just a few clicks
- Automatic pricing mark-up for maximum sales and profit margins
- Upload existing AliExpress product reviews to increase conversions
- Filter products by category, best price, positive ratings and more
- Free version with unlimited access and importing up to 50 products
12. HotProducts ($97/lifetime)
With a database of more than 5000 winning items, HotProducts is a leading dropshipping research tool and product finder software that helps ecommerce business owners to uncover lucrative items in any category or niche to resell online for maximum profits.
HotProducts simplifies the product research process by providing you with access to a huge selection of handpicked dropshipping products with reliable performance analytics including sales volume, social engagement and competition statistics.
Additional features include tested Facebook ad copy and campaign targeting suggestions, as well as an innovative product video generator.
Unlike most dropshipping research tools, HotProducts offers a lifetime membership plan for a low one-time fee. With this option, you won’t need to pay any ongoing fees.
- Huge database of more than 5000 hot selling dropship products
- Reliable product analytics including orders, sales and revenue
- Updated daily with the best (new and trending) hot products to sell
- Push products including descriptions to Shopify in just one-click
- Generate high-converting Facebook video ads in minutes
- Access more than 1000 leading dropshipping suppliers
- Low-cost ($97) lifetime membership option with guarantee
13. Pexda ($14.95/month)
Pexda is one of the most popular and well-established winning product research tools on the market with thousands of global users and an impressive package of unique features.
From a daily updated database of winning products to proven Facebook ad copy and a list of targeting suggestions, Pexda provides users with everything they need to not only find hot-selling products but market and advertise them successfully.
Additional features include links to existing listings, professional product descriptions and crystal clear images, as well as social media statistics.
You can browse the database of products without paying any upfront membership fees. This will allow you to decide if Pexda is the right research solution for your business.
- Daily updated database of winning dropshipping products in any niche
- Reliable product analytics including total sales, likes and engagement
- Recommended selling price, product cost and estimated profit margin
- Proven ad copy for Facebook with suggestion target audience
- Links to existing eBay, Amazon and Shopify product listings
- Professional product descriptions and crystal clear images
- Pricing starting at only $14.95 with $1.95 (14-day) trial
14. ZIK Analytics ($29/month)
Founded in 2016, ZIK Analytics is a professional product research tool designed specifically for finding fast-moving items on eBay and AliExpress. The company is growing increasing popular and has been featured on major media websites such as Forbes Magazine.
Perfect for eBay dropshippers and bulk importers, ZIK Analytics allows you to quickly analyse multiple eBay listings to discover hot-selling products and trending niche opportunities based on sell-through rates, total orders and total revenue, as well as overall listing success rates.
Additional features of ZIK Analytics include a unique eBay title builder and growing database of leading wholesale suppliers, along with a sales funnel creator.
- Find popular and trending dropship products on eBay and AliExpress
- Filter by seller location, price, feedback score and sale date range
- Details of sell-through rate, successful listings and total revenue
- Weekly updated list of best selling and most popular eBay listings
- Growing database of trusted wholesale and dropship suppliers
- Powerful eBay listing title builder and free online training course
- From $29/month with discounted yearly membership option
15. Intelligynce ($99/lifetime)
Widely considered one of the best Shopify product research tools on the market, Intelligynce has an extensive collection of modern features including a database of more than 2.5 million profitable Shopify products and a curated list of over 500K successful Shopify stores.
Simply browse the massive network of products using advanced filters or search terms and analyse essential performance data including daily sales, visitors and social media engagement.
With an intuitive user interface and simple dashboard area, finding top-selling dropshipping products using Intelligynce is quick and easy.
Intelligynce is also one of the only dropshipping research tools to offer a lifetime membership for a one-time fee. You will gain complete access to the tool, without a monthly subscription.
- Database of more than 2.5 million profitable Shopify products
- Curated list of over 500k successful and popular Shopify stores
- Find trending items to sell on your own web store or marketplace
- Filter results by keywords, price, traffic and social engagement
- Advanced product analytics including total sales and revenue
- Details of total Facebook fans, Twitter followers and social likes
- Store inspector tool to review best selling and new products
16. Sell The Trend ($39.97/month)
Sell The Trend is a popular AI powered dropshipping research and product discovery software featuring more than 8 innovative tools including a research machine, dropship product explorer and store explorer, as well as an engagement calculator and video ads creator.
Sell The Trend is considered one of the most effective and feature-rich research tools for dropshipping. It allows users to quickly find profitable products and spy on competitors, as well as discover winning niches and opportunities.
Direct integration with Shopify means you can quickly push any of the products to your online store and process customer orders in just one-click.
Most recently, Sell The Trend launched a complete Shopify dropshipping automation service that allows you to streamline inventory management and order processing. The company further offers custom Shopify store building services and various other products.
- Powerful dropshipping research software with 9 innovative tools
- Daily updated database of profitable AliExpress dropship products
- Powerful dropship explorer tool for spying on successful stores
- List of more than 1000 trending Amazon and AliExpress products
- Push new products to your Shopify store in just a few clicks
- Video ad creator for making high converting ads in seconds
- Free training course on how to make money with dropshipping
17. Peeksta ($19.99/month)
Peeksta is a modern and professional dropshipping product research software with an extensive range of unique features including a curated database of trending products with advanced performance analytics and sales data.
Aside from a database of winning items, Peeksta also has a product spy tool for finding profitable ads on social media platforms such as Facebook and TikTok.
However, the most innovative feature from Peeksta is the store explorer. This tool allows you to quickly search more than 100,000 live dropshipping stores to find their hottest-selling items, as well as analyse details only monthly traffic volume and daily orders.
- Complete dropshipping research solution with multiple tools
- Database of manually added winning dropshipping products
- Product spy tool for finding top-performing social media ads
- List of over 100,000 successful Shopify stores with top sellers
- Discover suppliers with ultra-fast shipping from the US & UK
- Creative video ad maker and high-quality thumbnail generator
- Low-cost monthly plans with free 2-day trial with full access
18. Asify (Free)
With more than 4000 daily users, Asify is the most popular free Chrome extension for directly researching products on the AliExpress website.
After installing the extension, simply visit the AliExpress website and search for a product or browse the various categories. Asify will instantly provide you with enhanced information on each product including total daily sales, top selling countries and detailed seller ratings.
With Asify, you can also quickly download all of the product images in one-click, allowing you list them for sale on your store in record time. Asify will also provide you with a breakdown of shipping costs and times, making it easier to review all of the information you need to know.
- Free Chrome extension for researching AliExpress products
- Instantly provides details on daily sales and top countries
- Built-in profit calculator with suggestion title keywords
- Search for and compare sellers to find the lowest prices
- Download all AliExpress product images in just one-click
- Image search feature to find top competitors on Shopify
- Trusted by 4000+ daily users including top dropshippers
More Research Tools
The tools mentioned in this guide typically provide an all-in-one solution for finding, researching and choosing profitable dropshipping products to sell. However, if you prefer to do your own manual research, there are several free to use tools which you can use to help discover some unique dropshipping niche ideas or find winning products.
- Keyword Planner – Free to use keyword research tool created by Google. Simply input a keyword and the tool will automatically generate a comprehensive list of suggestions with performance statistics including monthly search volumes.
- WordTracker – Advanced alternative to Keyword Tool which allows you to quickly discover trending and popular keywords. One of the unique features with WordTracker is the ability to filter results by country and search volume.
- Terapeak – Free to use eBay research tool and insights tracker which is available to all eBay shop subscribers. Designed specifically to help eBay sellers increase their sales and visibility with valuable analytics.
- AliQuick – Lightweight and free Chrome browser extension for researching products directly on the AliExpress website. Features advanced sales analytics and the ability to download all AliExpress product images in one-click.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
If you have any additional questions, please review the frequently asked questions below. We have tried to provide quick answers to some of the most common questions related to using a dropshipping product research tool. You can also find many more guides on our blog about finding and sourcing dropshipping products.
Why use a dropshipping research tool?
Using a dropshipping research tool is the most effective way to quickly find winning products to start selling on your online store or marketplace channels. It’s also the best way to locate trending niche opportunities or untapped markets, as well as spy on competitors and gain an advanced over other ecommerce stores or online sellers.
In fact, using a dropshipping research tool has been proven to drastically increase sales, profits and overall success rates within the ecommerce industry, as it allows dropshippers to quickly locate winning and proven dropshipping products, without having to spend countless hours researching multiple products, suppliers and competitors.
It’s no secret that researching products to find top-sellers is essential for success in ecommerce or dropshipping. Quite simply, dropshipping research tools allow you to do this in record time, even if you have no experience with market research or data analysis.
How do dropshipping research tools work?
In most cases, dropshipping research tools allow you to quickly analyse products on popular dropshipping platforms such as AliExpress or Shopify by scraping data from around the web to provide you with reliable performance analytics.
Typically, dropshipping research tools provide insights into sales volume, social media engagement scores and competition, as well as providing information on estimated selling prices, profit margins and advertising costs.
In some cases, dropshipping research tools will feature a curated database of winning products which were handpicked from various platforms based on popularity, current trends and sales history. Usually, you can quickly filter the results to find suitable items in a few clicks.
The dropshipping research tools that provide a database of winning items also provide users with links to the best suppliers and top competitors on sites like eBay and Shopify.
Do I need a dropshipping research tool?
While using a dropshipping research tool can save you a significant amount of time and effort, finding winning products with old-school manual research is still very much possible. In fact, many dropshippers decide to find winning products using traditional free tools and websites.
Marketplaces including eBay and Amazon, as well as keyword suggestion tools such as Keyword Planner and WordTracker are great free resources for doing your own product research. They will help you to determine how well a particular product is selling.
However, if you want to save a huge amount of time and effort, using a dropshipping research tool is recommended. You will be able to locate top-selling products in record time and instantly start focusing on generating sales. It’s the best way to fast-track your success with dropshipping.
How much do dropshipping research tools cost?
Most dropshipping research tools have a free version that allows you to find winning products, without paying any upfront fees. For example, FindNiche allows you to browse a limited number of products and access basic performance data.
However, to access more advanced data such as sales analytics and sales trends, as well as links to suppliers and competitors on Shopify or eBay, you will need to upgrade and purchase a premium or professional membership.
Typically, dropshipping research tools charge a monthly fee. The fee will vary depending on the software. In general, it’s usually around $20-$30/month for full access to all products and data. In some cases, large discounts will be available when paying yearly.
Can I spy on competitors with a dropshipping research tool?
Yes, most of the dropshipping research tools shared in this guide provide links to competitors on multiple platforms including Shopify, eBay and Amazon. You will also usually find links to active social media ads on Facebook, Instagram and more.
This will allow you to spy on competitors on many different ecommerce channels. You will be able to see how many sales the product has generated, as well as how many engagements it has on social media websites including total views, likes, comments and shares.
Are all dropshipping research tools for AliExpress?
Granted, most dropshipping research tools are designed for finding winning AliExpress products. They usually provide direct links to the cheapest suppliers on AliExpress or are exclusively made for researching products directly on the AliExpress website.
However, many of the products found with research tools or on AliExpress can be sourced from other top China-based dropshipping suppliers such as Banggood, Sunsky Online, TVC Mall, CJ Dropshipping and SaleYee.
Furthermore, a lot of these supplies have local warehouses in the US, UK and Europe. This allows you to source the goods for the same low prices, without the long shipping times. Please read our guide on the best AliExpress dropshipping alternatives for more details.
What is the best dropshipping research tool?
The best dropshipping research tool will largely depend on your budget, as well as how you want to research products. For example, FindNiche is widely considered the best dropshipping research tool as it has multiple features for finding winning products. This includes a database of AliExpress items and a list of top-selling products from Shopify stores.
If you want to directly research products on AliExpress, AliInsider is one of the best tools. It features a Chrome browser extension that allows you to instantly analyse any AliExpress product in just a few clicks. It provides more flexibility and control than a database of winning items.
Make sure you research each tool and it’s features to find the best solution for your needs. Your budget should also be a consideration as the tools shared in this guide have different pricing plans and access levels.
What is the best free dropshipping research tool?
Almost every dropshipping research tool listed in this guide has a free version or free trial available. For example, FindNiche allows you to sign up and access a limited number of features, products and analytics for free, whereas Ecomhunt allows you to access most of it’s winning products, without paying any fees.
Therefore, you can browse and try many of the different solutions outlined above to determine which option will be most suitable for your budget and needs. You won’t be required to input any credit card details to test drive their features and benefits.
This gives you the opportunity to not only try before you buy, but even find some winning products in the process. In fact, many dropshippers use the free versions of these tools to locate products for their store, without ever upgrading or going premium.
How do I list the winning products on my store?
In some cases, the dropshipping research tool will integrate directly with your selling channel and allow you to import products to your store. For example, Dropship Spy has a feature that you can use to import products from the handpicked database to Shopify in one-click.
Alternatively, you can use dropshipping automation software to import products to your store with ease. You can also fully automate inventory management and repricing, as well as order processing and tracking info uploads.
There are a number of leading dropshipping automation solutions to choose from. Many of them are compatible with AliExpress and dozens of other top dropshipping suppliers. Please refer to our guide on the best dropshipping software to learn more.
How do dropshipping research tools choose winning products?
If the dropshipping research tool has a curated database of winning items, the process of selecting those products will vary depending on the company. In some cases, ecommerce or market research experts will manually search for and add the products. In other cases, the tool will use automated algorithms or AI technology to select products.
Whether it’s done manually or automatically, the products are typically selected based on a number of factors such as popularity, selling potential, growth rate and resale profit margins. Many different websites such as Facebook, Amazon, AliExpress and eBay are used during this process to determine how well a product is selling.
For example, a product that has thousands of sales on eBay and Amazon within a short period of time is considered a hot-seller. If the item can be sourced for a significantly lower price on AliExpress, it has huge potential for dropshipping. Furthermore, if it has thousands of video views, likes and shares on Facebook, it’s seen to be tending with consumers.
How do I manually research dropshipping products?
If you want to avoid using a dropshipping research tool, there are many effective ways to manually research products. You can check websites such as eBay and Amazon to determine how fast a particular item is selling, as well as use free tools such as Google Trends.
You can also search on Facebook to find video ads from other sellers. Simply login to Facebook and use the search bar at the top of the page or app. From there, you can filter the results to locate videos and images. When you find a video for the product you are researching, you will be able to see how popular the item is from the number of engagements such as likes and comments.
It’s also important to read online reviews before deciding to dropship any product. Amazon is the best platform for searching for reviews as popular items tend to have hundreds or even thousands of reviews. Amazon is also very strict with reviews so you can be sure the ratings were submitted by real customers or verified buyers.
Amazon reviews are also a proven way to determine sales volumes. An estimated 1-2% of Amazon buyers leave a product review. Therefore, if a product on Amazon has 10,000 reviews, it’s likely generated around 1-2 million total sales. Compare that with the date the item was first listed on Amazon and it will give you a clear idea of how fast the product is selling.
How do I find more dropshipping research tools?
To find more dropshipping research tools, make sure you browse our other guides and posts. We have a ton of content on the best dropshipping tools and software. To point you in the right direction, here’s a short list of some articles you may find useful:
- 12 Best AliExpress Research Tools (Free & Paid)
- 6 Best Pexda Alternatives for Product Research
- 8 Best Dropshipping Spy Tools & Software
- 35+ Best Dropshipping Tools (Free & Paid)
Using a product research tool is one of the most effective ways to find winning products to dropship through your online store, as well as marketplaces such as eBay and Amazon.
Whether it’s a niche scraper or handpicked database of winning products, the tools listed in this guide will help you to quickly locate the most profitable dropshipping items on the internet.
Most of the tools offer a free trial or version. However, investing in the paid option will allow you to unlock more advanced features and must-have product data.